We all crave for diamonds. But they don’t come cheap and so, most of the times our diamond wishes aren’t fulfilled. But there are some ways by which you can buy a diamond without burning a hole in your pocket. These are given below:
- Opt for a diamond with an SI clarity rating. Diamond clarity scale ranges from IF (Internally Flawless) to I (included). Lesser the inclusions in a diamond, the more expensive they are. In between IF and I there are other rankings too which are VVS, VS and SI. The term SI refers to Slightly Included and has different ratings as SI1, SI2 or SI3. If you are tight in money, opt for an SI rated diamond as the inclusions aren’t visible to the naked eye. If the inclusions don’t bother you go for SI2, SI3 or even I diamond but that might impact the resale value as diamonds with visible inclusions are harder to sell.
- Choose a slightly coloured diamond. When buying white diamonds, lesser the colour, costlier it is. The GIA diamond colour chart ranges from D (colourless) to Z (light colour). Opt for I or J colour grade and set them in white gold or platinum. Tadaaaaa!! They would look whiter than they actually are. With the right setting, even K or L graded diamonds could look very white.
Tips for buying solitare stones:
- Buy a diamond just under 1 carat. The price of a diamond rises dramatically once the stone is 1.01 ct and above. So, ask your jeweller to pull stones that range from 0.89 ct to 0.99ct.
- Ask for a shallower stone. Suppose there are two stones of 0.50ct each but one of them has a standard proportion while the other is a shallow stone. The shallow stone has a wider table and thus, looks bigger than it actually is. They generally don’t sparkle as much as the standard ones but if it looks incredible to your eyes, just go for it! After all, size matters and who knows it better than us ladies (wink).
- Buying the stone and setting separately. When you are planning to buy diamond jewellery for a few months, find the setting that you want. If you get it, you can spend more time looking for other deals on a stone. Many online retailers sell loose diamonds and buying them separately will get you a good price and having a local jeweller set the stone in the setting.
- Buy multiple stones. A two carat diamond will cost more than three 1 carat diamonds. Moreover, flaws in the 2 carat stone will be more noticeable.
When it comes to studded jewellery, we at Pristine Fire currently offer you two options. IJ SI for the value conscious buyer and EF VVS for the buyer who wants simply the best quality money can buy.
Even though we don’t sell solitares at pristinefire.com hope that the tips would be useful for you when buying solitares.